View Single Post
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 04:27

Plan: Vegetarian
Stats: 208/190/168 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi LowCVegan,
I found your intro thread really interesting and shall modify my diet a bit as a result. I have gone back to 20g carbs per day for a while, so our diets are very different in that respect. I tend , to eat more or less the same things every day (till I up the carbs): it just makes the maths easier. Nowadays my exercise is mostly cycling and walking but I used to go to the gym and do running too. I think that if you increased the running miles, you would lose your weight in no time. I like to get outside to exercise and now find gyms a bit boring. Running was self-motivating for me when the endorphins kicked in and I used to talk to other runners while I ran but running is best restricted to half marathons at the maximum in my view, because of the danger of damaging your joints.
I found your info on nuts, seeds etc. very interesting, as I too like to get my nutrition from natural sources as much as possible and prefer to avoid vitamin tablets. Incidentally I love the low-carb vegeburger recipe together with the veggie Caesar salad recipe in Rose Elliot's book ( you would have to use vegan cheese). I now realise it would not be too difficult for me to go vegan now but the cheese might be a problem, as I love cheddar. I live in Spain and food generally is plentiful and cheap here but vegetarian food is a bit more difficult to find here and vegan food is even more problematic.
Un saludo!