View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-02, 14:03

Plan: CALP
Stats: 270/224/160
BF:
Progress: 42%

Yes! It is possible to do a low carb diet and be a vegetarian
I am living proof. I started the CALP WOE since January 12th. I have actually lost 25 lbs as of today.
I think I really am a carb addict and have always easily gained weight if I ate more than one meal a day. I have been a vegetarian since age 9 and have relied on my friend "bread" as the extra in my meals.
I know that people say to lose only 1-2 lbs a week but I am here to say I am eating BETTER than I did before much healthier and I am not hungry.
I have been "thinner" twice in my life and that was when I ate about 1 1/2 meals a day. I didn't know that if I added protein or low carb veggies I would keep the weight off and have 3 meals. After reading CALP, I thought this plan is for me!
No more cravings or being hungry after I had eaten. The only time I notice if I "overcarb" in my reward meal. I could never do Atkins because of my eating style but CALP has been GREAT for me. I also found carb solution bars and I use them for breakfast. This has helped incredibly as eggs aren't always what I would want. Unfortunately, there is glycerin or gelatin (can't remember which one) in the bar. It is the first thing that I have continued to use even knowing that. I try so hard in my life but feel that until I can find an non animal based alternative I will just use the bars.
If I can be of any assistance - PLEASE let me know!