Thread: Fustraited
View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Sep-04-05, 18:26

Plan: none
Stats: 105/105/120 Female 5ft2inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sorry to hear you've been having yeast infections for so long. I've only had 3 in my life but I know how badly they suck. Since I've been sick the last 3 years I never got a yeast infection but I did have a very thick white fuzzy tongue the whole time. I feel bad for you cuz you should be enjoying these years of your life..not dealing with this. I'm concerned you are putting too much faith in this doctor who hasn't helped you to get better. My doctor who is also in that type of medicine is very nice and has listened to me more than any of my coventional doctors ever did. The thing is she told me I had systemic candida and was helping me through it. If I kept listening to her I'd still be sick. I would never say anything bad about her but doctors who treat candida just sometimes think that thats what it is...even without proof. When I took my tests for Candida I was scared about what would happen if the tests came back negative...I wanted them to be positive at first cuz then I'd have a diagnosis. She told me if the tests were negative we would still "assume" I have systemic candida and treat it more aggressively. These doctors shouldn't be ASSUMING anything...there could be something more serious going on and in my case there was. Chronic yeast infections are common if there is something else going on. I have Celiac Disease...many of the other people who have celiac disease had yeast infections for years until they got diagnosed. My white tongue is gone now after 3 years of having it and all I had to do was stop eating gluten instead of taking tons of antifungals and starving myself everyday. There are MANY possibilities of why you keep getting these yeast infections but the yeast will keep growing if you don't find out why. The types of doctors you're seeing won't help you if you truelly have an undiagnosed medical condition. I've never heard of a GI doctor diagnosing candida...most don't even believe in it. Hasn't anybody ever ran any tests besides allergy?? The doctors suck...I had to do my own research and request the tests I wanted...remember YOU are in charge of your health...NOT THEM. I just kept getting tests done until I finally came back positive for Celiac....it took 3 looong years of feeling crappy but it could've been alot worse if I had listened to everyone else. Don't give up...you're young...do your own research...keep a food journal....write down how you feel everyday and what you ate...pay attention to your body. These things will help you even if some days it feels hopeless.
Good luck
-Rachel