#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 13:45

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Lasting for days in the fridge? If I put them in the fridge when they're just turning from green to black, with a bit of 'give' when you squeeze it, they can last weeks. I cut one open the other day that I bought weeks ago, and it was almost too underripe to eat. I pureed it with an immersion blender to make it softer.

Every time I've tried to preserve a cut avocado according to any of the common advice - lemon/lime juice, wrapping, pit in, etc - it doesn't work at all. It's still brown in no time flat. I don't eat avocado if I don't plan on eating the whole thing.

I was going to speculate that climate may have a lot to do with how avocados keep, but I haven't noticed any particular difference with them between our hot, humid summers vs bone-dry cold winters. *shrug*

Kristine, I agree with you about the avocados lasting a long time in the fridge. I hesitated, and in the end chose not to put that in my original post, as I didn't want others to expect too much. Just because MINE lasted that long, doesn't mean that they ALL do. I cut one this morning, from TJ's 11 days ago, and it was just right. 5 more from that same lot left in the fridge.
Sponsored Links