15 ounces canned pumpkin
14 ounce can beef broth or 2 cups homemade beef broth
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup dry white wine or water
1-2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a large pot, brown the ground beef along with the onion, mushrooms and garlic; drain the fat. If using canned broth, add water to make 2 cups. Add the pumpkin to the ground beef mixture; blend well then add the broth and bouillon. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 20-30 minutes. Add the cream and wine or water; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Adjust the seasoning, if needed.

Makes about 8 cups or eight 1-cup servings

Beefy Mushroom Soup

my pics - http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...p?i=25089&c=504

my version

2.5 pounds stew meat cut into bite sized pieces

1 medium onion diced

1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic

4 - 7 ounce cans of mushrooms (4 oz. dry weight) all but one drained

1 - 15 ounce can of pumpkin

1 - 14 ounce can of beef broth

2 cups of chicken broth

1 teaspoon of beef bullion granules

1 teaspoon of salt

1/4 teaspoon of pepper

a pinch of zanthan gum

2/3 a cup of heavy cream

in a large pot, brown the stew meat, diced onions, and minced garlic until fully cooked and tender. do not drain juices. continue to simmer throughout.

mix the beef bullion, salt, pepper, and xanthan gum in a small bowl

add the can of beef broth and stir

add the can of pumpkin and stir until blended

add the spices by sprinkling them over the top of the soup, letting it set a few seconds, then stir, sprinkle some more spices, etc, until it is all added, that way the xanthan gum won't clump.

stir in the two cups of chicken broth

stir in the 4 cans of mushrooms adding the juice from the one undrained can also

stir in the 2/3 a cup of heavy cream

continue simmering until heated through

about 10 cups

the stew meat i get is so tender that it doesn't require additional simmering to tenderize the meat. your soup may need to simmer for a longer period of time if your stew meat is tough.

my whole family loved this soup, it's delicious. you can't even taste the pumpkin. i just made another pot today. wonderful winter comfort food.

serve it piping hot. if the soup cools off too much, as in lukewarm, you may experience graininess from the pumpkin. we got that with a different brand, but not with Libby brand. if that happens, heat the soup back up and the graininess will disappear.

this reheats fine. i haven't tried freezing it yet.

from linda's site http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/pumpkin_poundcake.html

i followed the directions for the mini pumpkin pound cakes and used a 4 pack of mini foil tins, the smaller ones that come with the clear covering. this is very good and freezes well.

my pics of the poundcake http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...p?i=25185&c=504

DOTTIE'S PUMPKIN POUND CAKE
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup granulated Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch to 1/8 teaspoon salt
5 eggs
6 ounces almond flour, about 1 1/2 cups
Grease an 8x4" loaf pan well or line with foil and grease foil. In medium bowl, beat pumpkin, Splenda, baking powder, vanilla, spice and salt, if using, with electric mixer until well blended. Beat in eggs, then almonds. Add a little water, if needed, to make a thick, but pourable batter (I didn't need it). Pour into pan and bake at 300º 60-75 minutes, until cake pulls away from sides of pan a bit and toothpick comes out clean. Mine took about 65 minutes. The toothpick came out clean at 60 minutes, but it needed to brown a little more. This comes out so moist that the extra baking time will be ok. Let cool in pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and peel off foil; cool completely on rack before slicing. Store in refrigerator or freeze.
Makes 1 loaf or 12 servings
Can be frozen
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 130 Calories; 9g Fat; 6g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs
With liquid Splenda:
Per Serving: 122 Calories; 9g Fat; 6g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

MINI PUMPKIN POUND CAKES
Bake in 8 mini loaf pans at 300º for about 55 minutes. Remove from pans and cool. Makes 8 mini loaves or 16 servings
With granular Splenda:
Per Serving: 97 Calories; 7g Fat; 4g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
With liquid Splenda: