#5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-17, 10:29

Plan: LerC, TRE, IF
Stats: 150/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
I find that for me scrupulous adherence works better than anything else. I think it all depends on goals, lifestyles, priorities, physiological flexibility (some of us just aren't too flexible physiologically when it comes to carbs). I don't like the word "cheat" but self-honesty is important. Is what you are doing letting you achieve your goals? If not change it and recognize the difference between reasonable flexibility in your eating choices and giving yourself excuses.

Jean

My sentiments exactly. I confess I find some of the most annoying people are those who sign up to a forum or Facebook group for a WOE - doesn't matter much which one - and their very first post is "Do you guys ever cheat?" like they are looking to join up with the naughtiest kids in the playground. It is so disrespectful to those who are still settling in, trying to follow the rules and battling temptation.

To address the original point, I suppose carb cycling has its own rules and boundaries, but I don't play with fire. If you can walk on the edge and not fall off, and experience benefits, then all well and good.