View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-11, 17:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/194/185 Female 5'8"
BF:too much :-(
Progress: 88%

At the beginning I counted everything - I had a nice little iPhone app that helped me track. That lasted for a couple of months. It was through that process I learned what I can and can not have. I no longer count anymore but I am 100% aware of what I am eating. It's become a way of life.

I don't count any low carb veggie carbs - I figure you need veggies and that's just the way it is. I don't count cheese or cream either. I know what my normal tolerated consumption is. What I do count is anything that is out of the norm. That special piece of low carb cheesecake, low carb bread and wraps, nuts, macaroons etc. It obviously works.

Now, about the cheating. I agree with a previous poster that sometimes the anticipation is actually better than the consumption! I promised myself fish and chips for my birthday, hoovered them down, and then said "I would have liked a salad". ROFL! Funny how thing change.

I am not finding any of this difficult anymore, and although our Thanksgiving is finished, there is still Christmas to deal with. I used to do a pile of baking - what for? For one day and then leftovers for months? No more! I will make a couple of LC things and that's all. My DS and his wife will not be here for Christmas dinner (Again - I think that's 9 years running- apparently, only her family counts) so I don't have to worry about him saying "where's X".

I've said enough!