View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 06:39

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

I truly believe that food addiction is every bit as real and as maddening as a serious hard drug/alcohol addiction. Recovering alcoholics always refer to themselves as "recovering," not "recovered." They always go to meetings for support and understanding. It is a life long thing. Even once we reach goal we can't stop being vigilant about the way we eat, and vigilant about our environment and our support network.

I suggest you go right back to basics...behave as if you are at the beginning of your weight loss journey. Remember the energy and the excitement of the beginning of the journey? Purge the house of anything that does not strictly comply with your chosen WOE. Limit the quantity of food you buy at any one time. Shape your environment to what you need it to be to support you in this time.

So many of us go through this...we make such excellent progress, and then...and then...it just sort of goes away, back into our old ways of thinking and our old behaviours. You have done an excellent thing in writing about it...you obviously DON'T want to be in your old mindset, but need help in breaking out of it again. I encourage you to purge your environment TODAY, and to make an appointment for councelling TODAY...if councelling is out, then keep writing it all down! Don't give up on yourself.