#11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-18, 10:42

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
This article also addresses the idea of quantity or quality of life. As one of the "elderly" I can speak to the subject. Because of my ongoing good health, I can expect to live at least another 20 years. But do I want to? The part of me which thinks is curious. I'd like to watch the unfolding of what the future holds in technical advances. Maybe one of those clinical studies will give the answer to the breaking down of DNA sequences which cause the errors which bring about aging.

It's too late for me not to age LOL, but I'm more interested in the quality of my life. It's up to me, and I believe that ketogenesis is the best way to stave off disease and exercise is the best way to my personal enjoyment of life.

Very well described, as longevity without quality of life is pointless. That's my current challenge. How do we live a productive, active and engaged life up to the very end? I've seen too many people including family members go through things that they never anticipated or planned for, but the physicians involved suggested all sorts of treatments to keep them alive. Simply staying alive for a long time misses the point. Living a long high-quality existence where one is vital, engaged, and active up to the end is the goal. Ideally, the graph of life quality should remain steady in very slow, controlled decline for most of the later duration of lifespan and then drop like a cliff at the very end. Strict ketogenesis and exercise are my ways of supporting this as well.