View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-10, 00:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress:

I'm also eating clean/LC on eating days and I know what you mean, don't have any problems feeling bad on the eating days. And I'm finding I usually eat smaller portions on the eating days.

Every couple of up/down cycles I do want to "feast" a bit, seems my body wants to get in some more calories. I'm also more intent on getting lots of good quality fats in my diet and not overdoing it on protein.

When I get twinges of hunger on the fasting days, I just sort of ride the wave and it goes pretty quickly.

One thing I'm paying attention to is making sure I'm getting enough vitamins/minerals from veggies. For me it's vitamin C, minerals/iron, carotene. So I eat kale and other greens, yellow/orange/red veggies (squash this time of year). Even if I eat good-quality fats and protein, I feel mentally sluggish and depressed if I don't get the veggies in. I also make infusions of dried nettle, dandelion, and other mineral-rich herbs for tea on both fasting and eating days.

There's also a spiritual aspect to the fasting, I'm making some other positive changes in my life. Sort of get into a reflective space when fasting and able to see things more clealry.

Keep checking in on your progress and how you're doing! Glad to know you're trying this way.

I also found some good posts on fasting benefits on marksdailyapple.com, for example:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/feast-or-famine-diet/