View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, CAD NOW
Stats: 165/145/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

wow, i have been reading a post that was started months ago, but had a momentum, of over 26 pages! all about the questions i was asking! i guess next time i will check previous posts for a few months before i ask another redundant question!! haha. so today is day one. we are having our RM of japanese food! i missed sushi soooooooooooooo much on atkins. my boyfriend is from hawaii and cannot stop talking about rice! both of us scored in the mild carb addict range in the book, he was 25 and i was 29. then i took the quiz on the cad site and i scored 8 out of 10! so maybe i am somewhere in the middle.

i just really hope this gets me off of my plateau! and it seems much easier to stick with thats for sure! and i dont have to get rid of all the food in my cupboards!

Zuleikaa- since you are the CAD/CALP goddess of knowledge i wanted to ask you a question , which might seem dumb, but i just want to make sure that i am getting it right.

for the CM, you can eat veggies, up to two cups cooked, any combination of those allowed right?? and those carbs dont get counted??? or if the veggie, like asparagus, which is higher in carbs than say lettuce, if i ate two cups, which is a lot of asparagus, it is still perfectly safe for the CM?? i just dont want to go overboard with veggies, i love them! and is the carb count net carbs or all carbs??

asparagus has 7.7 carbs and 3.6 fiber for 6 oz. ( i do everything by weight because i dont know what 1 cup of asparagus really looks like). so does that mean i can eat it because it is basically 4 carbs? i am so confused!!!

please let me know how you find it to work. i just dont want to be eating the wrong amounts thinking i am doing it all fine. by atkins, i could eat that much asparagus and be just fine, carb wise.

thanks!!!!

heather