View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-27-12, 22:38

Plan: LC + gluten free
Stats: 165/125/120 Female 5'6
BF:32%/??%/??%
Progress: 89%
Question Could it be my thyroid? Talking to my Dr..

Hi all,

I generally do not post on this forum, I prefer to quietly soak up all the glorious LC info. Having been on this forum for so long though, I know that the quality of posted information tends to be high, so I'm hoping for some advice. (Please!)

After mulling over a lot of symptoms that I hadn't realized could share a single cause, I'm considering going to my doctor to determine whether there is something is wrong with my thyroid.

I am hesitant to do so though, as I feel it will be an uphill battle because I am young and fit certain stereotypes, and it would be easier to perscribe me with anti-depressants. Also my Dr. has been dismissive several times I've visited her with (unrelated) complaints, and I'm nervous that she will not take me seriously.

*I will be going to a doctor regardless, because these symptoms are obviously part of a bigger problem. However, I'm wondering if I should explain to her that I am worried it is related to my thyroid, or just list the symptoms and hear her take on it? And do my symptoms even sound like they could be thyroid related?*

I'm 23, female, low-carbing and very active, but I've got a growing number of symptoms that I didn't realize were symptoms at all for the most part.

Longstanding (5yrs+) issues are things like: low grade depression/intrusive suicidal thoughts, poor memory/brain fog, anxiety, constipation, sore/tight throat, and feeling 'bad' in general.

I didn't pay much heed to the anxiety/depression because I figured they were purely genetic (father and brother suffer from both,) but now I am not so certain it is just genetics.

Recent ones are: thinning eyebrows (all over, not just outer edges,) pure white hairs (not grey, though I get those too) growing in my hair, nausea (especially mornings,) and lighter/more painful periods.

The more recent symptoms were what slowly led me to question whether it could be my thyroid. (My full list of symptoms is even longer, but I didn't want to make this post any longer. )

Any and all imput would be greatly appreciated.. I'm feeling a little lost!
Sponsored Links