Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier
I voted for option #3

After LCing for 3 years, I believe that unprocessed starchy carbohydrates are not the evil they are made out to be. Just as there are good fats and bad fats, I believe there are good carbs and bad carbs.

Many find such carbs essential for weight training, which I believe is a mandatory program for everyone, with one or two exceptions. Many also find they need those starchy carbs to prevent depression. We don't all fit the same mold. Just because someone does well on very LC doesn't mean EVERYONE should do well.

I don't think too many people became obese eating unprocessed carbs like butternut squash, steel cut oats or brown rice in moderation. It saddens me to see people fretting about eating 5 extra carbs of non-starchy vegetables as if they're some kind of evil food. That kind of stuff just gives the anti-controlled carb advocates fuel for their fire.

The beauty about the human race is that we're all different. The same goes for diet. I won't fall into the trap of zealously believing that one diet suits all. I've done it in the past and come to realize that it's unfair.

Wanda

--edit-- I'm assuming LC as ketogenic.
Hello Wanda:
Thank you so much for your post. I agree with you 100% and was trying to make this point all along. You just confirmed it.
Cheers,
Dina