Thread: [SS] Dr Phil
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 11:56

Plan: Somersizing
Stats: 230/135/126 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

I have been reading Dr. Phil's book also. I saw in his menu plans that he includes a meal replacement beverage or bar nearly every day, so I wasn't surprised when he came out with his own beverages and bars. I was surprised when I looked at the ingredients that are in the bars. The fudge brownie bars contain:

Ingredients
Fudge Syrup , Corn Syrup , Sugar , Hydrogenated Starch , High Fructose Corn Syrup , Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil , Glycerin , Sunflower Oil , Unsweetened Chocolate , Carrageenan , Natural Flavor , Crisps , Soy Protein Isolate , Tapioca Starch , Cocoa Powder , Calcium Carbonate , Oat Fiber , Rice Flour , Malt Extract , Chocolate Flavored Coating , Lactitol , Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil , Chicory Extract , Cocoa , Sucralose , Salt , Lecithin , Distilled Monoglycerides , Vanilla Extract , Sodium Caseinate , Partially Hydrogenated Guar Gum , Calcium Phosphate , Chicory Extract Less Than 2% of the Following , Natural Flavor Less Than 2% of the Following , Artificial Flavor Less Than 2% of the Following , Magnesium Oxide Less Than 2% of the Following , Maltodextrin Less Than 2% of the Following , Ascorbic Acid Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin C , Ferrous Fumarate Less Than 2% of the Following , Biotin Less Than 2% of the Following , Cholecalciferol Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin D , Chromium Chloride Less Than 2% of the Following , Copper Gluconate Less Than 2% of the Following , Cyanocobalamin Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin B12 , D-Calcium Pantothenate Less Than 2% of the Following , DL-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin E , Folic Acid Less Than 2% of the Following , Manganese Sulfate Less Than 2% of the Following , Niacinamide Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin B3 , Phytonadione Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin K , Potassium Iodide Less Than 2% of the Following , Pyridoxine Hydrochloride Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin B6 , Retinyl Palmitate Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin A , Riboflavin Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin B2 , Sodium Molybdate Less Than 2% of the Following , Sodium Selenite Less Than 2% of the Following , Thiamine Mononitrate Less Than 2% of the Following - Vitamin B1 , Zinc Oxide Less Than 2% of the Following

Each bar has 220 calories and 28 grams of carbohydrates! Throughout the book he talks about eating healthy and the evils of sugar so I was very disappointed when I saw the ingredients.