View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 20:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

I'm so excited for you Marlaine You're going to love this, specially if you've never done a training program like it before.

How's it going? It's going great. I am in the middle of week 9 now (the time just flew by) and I am already looking foward to the next 12 weeks challenge.

I not only feel there is a change happening, I can see it. I've lost weight in the past and I'd always end up looking like a smaller version of myself. My shape is changing; my hips are narrower, my legs are leaner and I can actually see my shoulder and back muscles when I flex. There is a feel component to it too; I feel powerful and I feel strong - not just because I can lift so much weight, but because I get up every day and I do this for myself.

As the book directed I set goals: to get to 18% BF, to wear my guess jeans (hey they fit!), to proudly wear a sleeveless dress, to lose 20 lbs of fat (15 gone so far), to be able to do 30 regular push ups (can manage 15 as of Saturday). My biggest goal is to be comfortable with the body I make (the French have a saying that doesn't translate well "se senser bien dans son peau")

Supplements: I'd been taking Cal/Mag (1000mg/500mg), E (400-800 I.U.), C (500-1000 mg), biotin (1000mg), CoQ10 (60mg) and a good multi vitamine the entire time I was LCing. With BFL I added Glutamine (10 -15g), Hydroxycut (3 pills a day) and 2 tbsp flaxoil in my protein shakes. I also started supplementing with more protein shakes to reach the 1.35g of protein per lb of LBM I needed. The E & C are powerful antioxidants and help after a workout to control free radical damage from cortisol that is released when you are under stress. The glutamine is a life saver; it greatly alleviates the pain you feel the next day. It also helps prevent muscle wasting and bolsters the immune system. Flaxoil is another essential, literally. It's a source of EFAs; it helps with muscle recovery and fatty acid breakdown among many other things.

I have modified the food plan that B. Phillips recommends; keeping it more PP Level II (50 - 70g of carbs) and I have suffered no ill sideffects. I am not tired nor did I lose lean muscle. I found the 6 meals a day took some planning; and I do use Free Day to indulge in eating less (not more).

What would I tell someone about to start? Start . Do it for yourself, you won't regret what you get out of it. It's tough, it's demanding and it's worth it.

Good luck everyone.
Nat