#10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-22-17, 04:52

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100

My last gynecologist check-up (a few years ago now) I asked about having a second bone density test and she said that the side effects of the Foasamax type drugs were so severe she no longer used them. So why do the test? If there was nothing to do about its results except eat well and continue weight-bearing exercise. . So my doctor was one of the 5%.

At my annual physical a few weeks ago I talked with my doctor about a chronic pain issue that I have had for a long time. It disrupts my sleep which is a problem. She thinks it is "sacral neuropathy" probably caused by my back surgeries. She said that she could send me to a neurologist. I said if all the neurologist was going to do was confirm the diagnosis then why bother. She agreed saying that all a neurologist might do is prescribe medication, maybe a steroid, which she knew I would not be interested it. So we were both in agreement that there was no point in seeing a neurologist. I wouldn't quite put her in the 5% but she does straddle the line.

Jean