View Single Post
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 12:20

Plan: SB
Stats: 142/135/120 Female 5:3
BF:
Progress:

Neela welcome - I am new here as well but Anu and Sandhya are soooooo nice. Funny you should say that saag paneer is your fav. It is my hubby's too and he is WHITE Canadian! He had never eaten any Indian food before he met me which was approx. 10 yrs. ago. Now whenever we go to the City, we have to go an Indian Smorg!! The only suggestion I have for Indian food is to leave potatoes, rice, daal & rotis out.

I also cheat when I cook Tandoori Chicken - I have bought a jar of paste from an Indian Store which I marinate with some yogurt and grill on the barbecue. Indian food, I find, is very easy to cook. The only thing is that it uses so many onions which are high, so try to do with less onions (yep - I know it affects the taste - lol)

Anu - I hear you on the housework! Did you say that we don't have any dust.... Girl, I have a lot of dust! You see, I live on an acreage about 1/2 hr. from the town I work in and we are beside a very busy road so it generates dust. Then we have the farmers all around us and when harvesting comes, they generate a lot of grain dust - but it probably isn't as bad as India though. My sister lives in Houston, TX and they use their air conditioning a lot and they have hardly any dust....I guess with our furnaces, we are stuck.

Sandhya - I sort of fell off the Special K challenge ( hides her head in shame) but I have started again. DH is away on a course so there is no reason I should not lose weight this week. So you are remodeling?