View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-26-02, 01:05

Plan: Herbalife
Stats: 225/225/175
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up SB for a month

I've been following SB for 4 wks. It was hard at first...I was so bummed by the list of foods that could not be eaten ("illegal"), but now I concentrate on "legal" foods. You can have veggies, meats, cheeses, nuts, etc...
I am very lucky to have 2 great health/organic food stores in my are (Wild Oats & Whole Foods) that offer the whole grain, stone ground whole wheat breads, flours, etc... for not any more $ than I paid for flour & bread before. I get plenty to eat & have not felt hungry yet. I miss some things more than others. I really liked potatoes & these have been hard to let go. I am starting to experiment with some califlower recipes for 'rice' & 'potato' salad & am hoping for a healthier sub.
I do splurge once in a while & have a little sugar free ice cream (Blue Bunny is awsome!) & there are some great recipes out there for crustless cheescakes & desserts that make you feel like you're cheating when you aren't!
I did a lot of research before I started & was actaully rec. to do SB by an MD due to my hyperinsulinemia.
I highly rec. reading the book & browsing the website/board to get a better understanding.
Sponsored Links