View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 13:57
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

The title of the thread drew me in then I noticed my name had been mentioned!

Well, I don't know much about breastfeeding but I do know some food proteins go through breast like gluten from grains does.

If it were me, I'd go to a meat/veggie diet and stick with it closely for a week and see if the symptoms subside. If so, slowly add one food at a time and eat it for 3-4 days and see how the baby reacts. That's how I do it to identify what is going on with my gut. If you throw more than 2 foods in at once, you can't tell which one did it.

I wouldn't assume it was the low carb diet doing it either. It probably isn't. And you're probably much more likely to find foods like grains are going to cause problems than meat and veggies (and perhaps a bit of fruit) is.

The foods that I'm sensitive to are: Grains (especially gluten containing ones), dairy, nuts, seeds, sesame in any form, chocolate possibly coconut.

Some are sensitive to soy and others are sensitive to eggs.

Good luck!

Quote:
Basically if you can't figure it out you really need to quit low-carbing and care for your child! That child is YOUR responsibility, YOU created him/her and it's YOU are the one who needs to be selfless in order to make the baby happy, comfortable and healthy. If that means putting on 10 lbs while breast-feeding then so be it. Your life priorities just changed lady and you might want to get used to that...

Whoa nelly... that's quite a post for your first one.