#61   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-14, 08:01
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-

had a great RM last night at friends- huge salad, grilled wild salmon, and grilled veggies. Carb was sorbet and blackberries- I had mostly berries. YUM!

Jandy, I read at least a dozen books before choosing CALP. Once I did, and set a start date, I talked to my DH. I told him all about it, and asked him if he wanted to read anything I'd read (including a fiel of medical journal articles). He said no. I then asked him if he'd support me no matter what- and told him that support meant no candy or ice cream or junk in the house, no comments about the meals I ate, only going to eat out at places I picked, and no asking me if I wanted what he was eating. He agrees- and it worked. He still has no interest in reading any books about my WOL but he supports me. Now that I'm 11 years in, we have all that crap in the house but I can handle it.

In terms of books, I really like CAHHP and CALP- they have another one called Healthy for Life but it's harder to find- I'd get whatever is cheapest on Amazon! Last time I looked they were like a penny with $3.99 shipping. I also find them in my local used book store- funny they are always $4!
They are different from CAD in that they stress balancing your RM more, and to me and Pat are simpler. I don't like the hype in CAD that you can eat whatever you want and lose weight-
the story of Rachel and the sweet rolls- just not true for me but YMMV.
When I was losing weight I had no simple carbs- no desserts that were sugar- and very very limited alcohol. For me even now, I prefer complex carbs and try to limit both sugar and alcohol. Look at Pat's menus- she does that even better than me!

Tonight DH wants that smoked sausage again. tomorrow is ground veal patties- it was almost a give away (been in the freezer 2 months)- with eggplant parm.

later-
E
Sponsored Links