#13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-14, 02:26

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Now the hard part begins -- keeping this weight off!! Did any of you ever do this? This is the stupidest thing I ever did -- didn't realize I was doing it until this time around:

When I'd lose weight in the past, I'd take my "FAT" clothes and box them up -- then it hit me, Holy HANNAH, I was giving myself PERMISSION to go back to "FAT Jo". But not this time, every time I went down a size, I donated the bigger size to a charity thrift store.. I have nothing (boxed or other-wise) that isn't the size I am currently wearing.

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

So far, I'm not brave enough to do this.

I've finally pulled the fat clothes out of my closet - they were all mixed in with smaller clothes for a few months, but when I pulled out my summer stuff I piled them up. But I haven't even reconciled myself to putting them in a box in the basement yet, let alone giving them away.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has lost before, and regained. I have a very different mindset now than in the past -- all my focus is on staying attentive to my weight long-term, and letting the scale take the time it needs to settle at whatever weight that will be, but still, just chucking all the fat clothes feels too drastic. I did that in the past and then rebuilt a fat wardrobe.

Right now I'm toying with the idea of sealing up boxes and putting a date 5 years out - and in 5 years when I'm more confident of my ability to maintain my loss I can get rid of them.