#23   ^
Old Tue, May-12-09, 11:28

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeryn
Demi, I read with interest the excerpt you posted from Dr. Berkeley's book. I notice you mentioned "low-fat or non-fat dairy" but not regular dairy. Does she advise against eating full-fat cheese, yogurt, and cream?
Her advice is that we shouldn't consume any saturated fats, citing major sources as cheese, butter, fatty meat and baked goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidC
This is essentially what I've been doing for the last six years with great success. However, full-fat yogurt has never caused me any problems - I have it almost every morning. The last I heard, there is some reason to believe that the carb count on yogurt is overstated on the nutrition label (see yogurt. Sorry - there was another link that talked about why the carb count on yogurt was overstated, but I can't find it at the moment. It was something about how the carbs were counted as a residual, after tallying up calories due to proteins and fats and ascribing everything else to carbs. Anyone else remember that or that reference?)
I've not had a problem with full-fat yoghurt either, and like you, have it most mornings in the form of Greek yoghurt. I do find, however, that I need to keep an eye on my cheese intake.

With regard to your reference about carbs in yogurt, it sounds as though you could be referring to 'The Yogurt Exception', and, if so, you might find this thread an interesting read: The truth about carbs in yogurt