View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jun-03-06, 06:58

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Seriously, Elfgirl, I only wish I could help you, but I'm floundering as much as you, if not more so. I saw the NP again, and got even more supplements. I haven't been sleeping, so she started me on some natural estrogen from a compounding pharmacist. She'll be adjusting my dosage every two months until we find what works. I'm also on progesterone 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Also a bunch of supplements to bolster the adrenal function. Also some stuff for cortisol.

It's costing a small fortune, but at least she said that we would probably start weaning off in August, and by October I should be taking only the basic multi-vitamin and probably the fish oil.

She didn't bring up what I'm eating, so I didn't either. She wants me to eat a minimum of 15 carbs per meal, and would prefer that I get in 90 carbs per day. Not a chance. I tried adding more carbs in, but I get bloated and gassy. Never good. So, this week I've gone back to the carnivorous lifestyle, and the bloating went down (rings are loose again) and no more gassiness. Funny, no more constipation either! That's got to tell you something right there.

I'm down to only a couple things in my wardrobe, and I've decided that since it looks like I'll be this size for a while (at least through the summer -- not to imply I've given up ... I haven't by any means), I'm going to treat myself well and buy some nice clothes.

I look at it this way. I feel frumpy. Why look frumpy? Won't looking frumpy make me feel even more frumpy? Ummm, yea, it will. So I figure if I look good, I'll start feeling good and treating myself even better.

It's all about me, after all!

(And why the heck not!)