#34   ^
Old Thu, Jun-01-06, 19:42

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfgirl
oh---I meant that my weight, 200# is divided by the number 5.2.
I gathered this from reading posts on PP forum.
shows that limited info can lead astray.
My height is 5'9".
Thanks for trying to calculate for me. Don't I need =/- 40 grams?
Oh, MeBLady, I read your story...I too shed tears when your dad made it.
Wish I had mine back. You are a special one.
As people here realize. So glad you are living well and you know so
much...
Oh NO I just realized that unsweetened cocoa powder has 3 GRAMS CARB
per Tablespoon. (is that level or rounded? lol)
;o)

Oops, I answered before looking at your stats as well.....the PPLP book has a chart that just tells you the protein requirement. The first book makes you do a calculation.

At 195 pounds, 5'9 in height, your minimum protein is still the same -- 34 g. per meal. You'll stay at 34 until you hit 170 pounds, then it goes down to 27.

You can have anywhere between 30-40 g. of carbs (or less, if you like) per day. Typically, you don't want to have two servings of fruit in one meal, the sugar could get to you and could cause some cravings. You can have 1 serving of fruit with a veggie, or even an LC tortilla or slice of LC bread.

IF you are going to spend both your carb servings on fruit for one meal, tho, best to do so in the morning, or eat them a couple of hours apart.

The situation with my dad that is in my success story was very scary, and a HUGE wake up call for me. He believed fully he was dying that day, but you'd never know it by seeing him now. He cheats on his diet and has gained about 20 pounds back, but still medication free and doing really well.