View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-25-17, 06:38
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Congrats on the loss. If you keep working your plan, the scale will eventually give in and reflect your progress with a better number. I too got off of BP meds at about 10 months into this WOE. I'm not sure if it happens with everybody, but I had a rebound on the scale after discontinuing my BP diuretic meds. It make sense. The action of the medication is to expel water and when you stop taking them you will regain more water. For me that was bout 5 pounds. I gained those 5 pounds in just a day or two and then had to lose them all over again. It was just a blip in the journey. Still, it was kind a bummer when it happened. We work hard for every pound lost, so it didn't seem fair to have to lose the same 5 pounds all over again. But it was worth it in the long run. I am happy to be off of all prescriptions. I am happy to be sleeping through the night (most nights) without having to get up and visit the bathroom.

I hope that you too will be able to get off of your BP prescriptions. I just wanted you to be aware that when that happens there may be a tick up on the scale for a time.