View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-23, 13:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/185/185 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Here's a 7 year later update.

I'm 180 to 185 and my blood work is excellent. I do not take any medication at all. My blood pressure is around 125 over 75. I'm 5'9", 62 years old, and 185 with a large frame. 34 inch waist. I started on Atkins seven years ago when I was 246 with a 44 inch waist.

I have fewer than 20 carbs a day simply because I don't want them. I've totally lost my taste and appetite for sugar and junk carbs. I LOVE red meat, eggs, and bacon. I love waking up in the morning and having no sugar coffee, one egg, three piece of bacon, sausages, and a slice of keto, 1 gram carb toast loaded with real butter. I feel so satiated and happy. I skip lunch because I'm not hungry. Sometimes, I'll have an Atkins shake for lunch. I drink tons of water all day. I always have water in front of me. For dinner, it's usually meat and a small salad with just a touch of sugar free dressing.

I walk 3 miles a day, five days a week. Two days a week, I do weight lifting in our club house gym.

I feel absolutely and totally fantastic and happy about my body and my health.

My ex wife married an obese man and my son in law's father is obese as well. Same age I am. They can barely walk a block. When we have dinners together at family functions (daughter's graduation, etc.), they look at me oddly when I eat only the steak and some asparagus and wash it down with water. For breakfast, I have an omelet and send the toast and potatoes back to the kitchen. Most people are surprised when I tell them my age, they guess me to be about 45 or 50 at the most.

Many years ago, I was well on my way to becoming one of the typical, unhappy, obese men over 50 who has given up on trying. People on a dozen medications, trying to starve themselves and only getting more and more unhappy and miserable. Thank God for Dr. Atkins. He has given me an extra 30 years of a happy, energetic life and I plan to use them. I had a shitty childhood with bad parents and I'm going to make up for it during these last thirty.

What strikes me the most at this point of doing Atkins is that it is a part of my life and something I don't have to think about or fight any sort of urges or cravings. During the first couple years, I would have a carb cheat meal once a month of spaghetti and garlic bread because it was my weakness. Now, I don't even want it. A couple years ago, I was stuck at an airport overnight and hadn't eaten for a day, The only thing available was a donut and I was very hungry. I took one bite and spit it out. Wow! It was so sweet. No way, I was going to eat it. I waited until the next day and dined happily on hard boiled eggs and pork chops.

At this point, I would have to force myself to go back on the typical American diet. It's so unnatural. 90% of the supermarket is junk.

I went hardcore Atkins and stayed hard core Atkins. I feel great, even after 7 years.