View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-18, 00:54

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

For me getting and staying conscious of my food is the key. So I read and listen to podcasts about the WOE I have chosen over and over again, for motivation, information and to normalize what I'm doing -- its NOT weird and I am confident if someone challenges me -- I don't even have to respond because I am confident in my choices. I can't have the temptation in the house, I will eat it. I might start with just a few peanuts on a salad, but by day two I'm eating handfuls. I DO have support in my house, but it took me years to not be embarrassed to ask for it. I didn't want to impinge on other people's eating. But they didn't mind at all, and we can negotiate, AND once I was open and they were open I completely stopped my secret eating, which was so damaging to my own psyche. Ialso have to be careful to avoid boredom, as I will be tempted to fill time with food. I play instruments, I write emails, I read, I garden, I go for a walk....I do my nails, I organize my supplements....
All the practical things suggested above can help too. For me I call it getting into my groove, and its seems kind of magical, sometimes I have it and sometimes I don't, my goal is to increase the amounts of time that I have it -- and that comes through a combination of everything -- knowledge, motivation, avoiding temptation, having good choices available, enjoying the food that I CAN eat (no wasted food just shoved in unconsciously) , and then, the unbelievble encouragement which results from SUCCESS! .....finally, realizing that getting back on board is just as easy as that too. We can do it!! All the best!!