View Single Post
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-06, 19:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/181/175 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi everyone in Israel. I am not Israeli but I lived there for over 5 years. I met my wife, who is Israeli, while there and we live in Massachusetts now. We've been back to visit a couple of times since moving here in 1993. Most recently was last February. My wife is from Kibbutz En Harod Meuchad and I lived/worked there. We also spent some time on a young kibbutz (Shizafone now it's Neot Smadar). We both started Atkins 4 years ago. She mostly did it to support me but has continued along with me. When we went back in February my wife's sister, who lives in Yoqneam, could not believe how much weight I lost and she has since started on Atkins. My wife and her sister talk on Skype every Saturday and she has lost about 10 kilos in a couple of months. I was surprised about the amount of sugar free products in Israel. I even brought back some liquid, concentrated, sucrazite. It was really cheap compared to the liquid splenda here that is hard to find. I had a bit of a problem with the elite spreadable sugar free chocolate. That is dangerous stuff and tough on the beten.

Anyway, Marnina, dalorit is called butternut squash in English. It is a bit more carby than other squashes. I think it's about 10 carbs per 1/2 cup.

I am going to put a link here of the photos from our trip last February if anyone is interested:

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/Heap93/Israel/