View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: GO, formerly CAD, formerly Atkins
Stats: 160/155/135
BF:
Progress: 20%

Jeannie, you're right, we don't have a lot to lose and I know it's harder. Even years ago when I did Weight Watchers--the heavier people would drop 5 or more pounds a week, while I would go down .5 or even .25. Of course, now none of that works for me anymore. You make a good point--water retention. I can feel it in my fingers when I've retained some fluid.

I always drink 2-3 qts of water a day. I have irritable bowel and if I don't drink that much I'm in real trouble. Of course, I'm in the bathroom every 1/2 hour or so, but that's life.

Dabearlady...I don't care about the high-carbs foods too much, either. The hardest part for me is estimating the 1/3 that includes wine, any high-carb foods, dessert, bread, breading, sauces with flour or cornstarch. I think I'm doing a pretty good job of it, but when something is a different shape and not on the same plate??

Yesterday and today both 155, but I figure that's good news.

I really get a lot out of everyone's comments. I've never been in a Chat Room or even used a website like this where we can reply back and forth. It's really helpful.