View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 22:43
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 157/153/150 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 57%

Wow, Enomarb, that is so impressive that you have been doing CALP for so long and have maintained your weight loss - even past your original goal by quite a bit! I am hopeful that I can make CALP a long-term woe for me too, so it's really encouraging to hear from people who have done it for a long time like you have. And I liked the idea of the four bowls. That gets right back to basics and is a good visual image to help think about balance. And I also really appreciate your perspective that one week is not enough time to really see if CALP is a workable woe. Someone may spend that whole first week just reacting to what they had been doing previously. I'm looking for a livable, healthy way of eating that works for me and gives me good energy. How have you adjusted CALP now that you are maintaining instead of losing?

And Skeeweeaka, it's great to hear from others, so feel free to post anytime! So far I have found this to be a really friendly and supportive place and I'm so happy that I found my way here. It sounds like you are still working out a good way for you to eat. It's taken me a long time too, with much experimenting and learning from plans that didn't work, or that worked for a while and then stopped working, etc. But I totally agree with Sue, that if I ate too much sugary foods for my carbs I wouldn't feel balanced. One thing that really helped me was to keep a journal of all my food intake, supplements, exercise, weight, energy, etc. It really helped me pinpoint what made me feel good and what didn't.