View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-05, 14:55
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I am on maintenance, and have been on CALP for 21 months (but who's counting - LOL) and love it.
I think that a week is not enough to give CAD or CALP a try. I think it takes longer than that to get your body issues with insulin corrected. Plus, if you do the weight average the daily fluctuations change. The key is BALANCE in the RM. It is not a carb fest, a permission slip to binge, or a signal to lose your mind. It is a meal with carbs, protein, vegies and a salad. If it is balanced and moderate, you will feel bettter. Maybe at first you have to take 4 bowls and put salad in one, vegies in one, protein in one and the carb of your choice in one. Notice the carb is only in one! You can really balance and see what you are eating this way. Planning is the key- plan what you are going to have for your RM. have lots of protein and vegies in the house.If eating out is too hard, eat home. You need to make a commitment to this plan for it to work. It really is livable and really works.
I usually don't get on a soapbox like this, but it sounds like people want some ideas. HTH-
E