Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 05:54
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwood
The coffee / tea restriction is in CALP. The over and under 12g per half cup was the division I saw in the lists given after checking the carb grams in an Atkins carb counting book. I use it as a short way to reference the lists but see the lists in the CALP as a more full guideline.

I am assuming that the 12g per half cup was not something explicitly stated in CALP but a conclusion Redwood came to after looking up the carb counts for CM allowed veggies. So this rule equates to the 6g per meal for extras in the cheat sheet. Not something explicitly stated in the book but learned by experience.

I think CAD is still very relevent. It explains the science of carb addiction very clearly as well as the diet. Like Adukart, I wouldn't have understood CALP without reading CAD. While CALP tells you to follow the basic plan many, many times, it never clearly tells you what the basic plan is...that's only in CAD, unless they've since revised it. It also doesn't tell you why you shouldn't eat more than four times a day...that's in CAD also. CALP tells you to eat 1/2 protein, 1/2 veggies if you're hungry. Well if you eat more than four times a day, you will be hungry!

I always think of CAD as the diet and CALP as it's refinements to ensure success.

I hope this helps.