#33   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 02:18

Plan: The Zone, Soup diet - on occasion
Stats: 134/129.8/110
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile WOW!

Hello everyone

It is pretty amazing to be reading this post, since I have just recently been made aware of these side effects and made the decision to never have the shot again.

I have been having the shots for 8 years (for endometriosis). It was GREAT not having a period and not worrying about falling pregnant, which is great when you are getting through uni.

I had become increasingly depressed that I haven't been able to lose weight. I have gaining weight steadily over the past - that's right - 8 years. I was 50kg when I first started the shots, and now I weigh around 65kg, and still climbing. I have been dedicated low-carber for over a year, with NOTHING.

I agree, the weight gain could be environmental, but still gaining???? I have increased my exercise 100% over the past 8-10 months, refined, refined and refined my low carb regime....nothing. It's very depressing...I started considering drugs...but I don't want to do that.

I have been off the shot for almost 2 months now and have never felt better. I had been suffering from very bad headaches, never putting 2&2 together. I've even had head scans, physio and endless pain relief for it. I would have a bad headache, at least once a day, I have been getting one ever 3 days or so now....getting much better.

I relate to almost all of the side effects mentioned, even though, 2 years ago I would have said it was the best pill ever. I never put all the various symptoms I've been suffering together. Now I'm looking at having kids in the future, and I just hope this harsh drug hasn't totally ruined my body.

Anyway, still not losing weight...seeing Naturopaths, Gyno, support from everywhere trying to lose...especially from loyal boyfriend (always trying to help me). I have hope that it will become possible to lose weight when my hormones are back in order....oh, just another point (sorry to ramble), the progrestegin (spelling??) in Depo is NOT real progresterone. It creates an unhealthy imbalance usually leading to too much eastrogen. We all know that estrogen causes weight gain. Anyway, I'm considering a progresterone cream to get the hormones back in balance. There is alot to learn about this product.

Like Dr Barry Sears (the RxZone) says, it's ALL about HORMONES.

Bored you all now????

Best of luck to you all, I'm not giving up. My beautiful boyfriend bought me a state of the art, wacko, exercise bike, and we both compete to use it...it's great. I'll lose weight eventually.

Cheers all
Deb