View Single Post
  #341   ^
Old Wed, May-04-16, 08:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Well, from my highest, I started (you don't want to know this, I promise!) at least 10 years ago. I was doing a very strict, standard weight loss program, and lost 5 lbs in three years, and then stabilized.

In the summer of 2013, I went zero grains, and no "white" foods--potatoes, etc. By Feb of 2014, I was down 19 lbs. I slowly lost another lb, and then, in the winter of 2014-15, I regained 12 of those hard lost lbs, by eating tons of dried fruit and ice cream. Still no grains, or I surely would have regained it all and then some!

Last spring, I took a hard look, and realized I needed to get back to basics. Went back to the way I'd lost the 20, and kept carbs at about 50. I relost those 12, but then plateaued. So I dropped the carbs to below 20/day.

Since last fall, I've lost the current 11, and it's going quite slowly at this point. But it's going, and the alternative is to go in the opposite direction!

My focus now HAS to be on my health, because I won't drop pounds like crazy anymore. So I eat the way I know I'll continue to eat, once I'm at goal. I feel well, I look so much better, and I know that my health will be at its best so that I can watch my kids and grandkids enjoy their lives.