View Single Post
  #2014   ^
Old Tue, May-22-18, 18:33

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Trigger---hmmmm. My head hurts. I wonder if it's from all that hammering.

Know just what you you mean about later at night when we're worn down by the day. That's when they can slide one by us easier, and they know it. Laughed when you described kiddo as "mooshy." My teenager was too, as well as seemingly really lazy. But then he sprouted up a half foot in about a year when he was 16. Sometimes I think they're just tired out from growing in so many ways.

The kiddo is going to do just fine, in fact, she is going to do very well. I just know it, because I know your love for her. Her laziness will disappear when it suits her, and not a minute before. But then one day, you'll watch her go after something like a bat out of hell, and you'll think, who is that girl?!

Eh---they may not always fly straight, but they fly just fine if they were loved and respected and considered.

Jaz---Those pictures are so dear. Ava is adorable, even though I know she struggles. But she's looking kind of chubby, like a baby should. I'll tell you pal, you raised one heck of a daughter. I'm sure her hubby is great too, but I know who the bulk of her care falls to. And your daughter just keeps keepin' on, just like you.

As for work, I agree w/Trig. It's temporary. You're lining up all your pins, and before you blink, you'll have bowled them down, and be somewhere else w/another degree and more choices. That said, like Nic I could never deal w/cubbies, which is why I became an independent contractor---which ain't no bowl of cherries either. This is why any way you slice it, they call it WORK.

Oh...and, "On top of all that- you are rolling with a sweet pot on LC." Just let it be said, I don't inhale. Don't know how you do it darlin'.

Also agree w/Trig, worrying about water retention from brats is something to take OFF your list of worries. It's not real weight, and your choices are limited enough as it is. Just enjoy your brats when you have them, and don't let the scale boss you around on this! LOL, it's just f'ing w/you.

K-mom---Oh, SIGH, that must be so disappointing for you---your daughter's family needing to cancel. Not to mention, OMG, I get you on all the work to change all the work you did to make the arrangements to begin with. In the old days you just called your travel agent. Haha, where did they go? Now we get to do it all ourselves on those never ending sites with never ending info, and we're scared to death how much it might cost us to click on the wrong thing.

On your bathroom---renovation is just another word for SURPRISE! Who knew what was underneath? It's always about what you can't see. But then it gets done, and it's great. Still, frankly, I hope to never do it again. A silver lining in my situation.

Lori---You leave what, tomorrow or the next day? I have loved the build up to your trip and hearing all about it. Sending hugs and hopes your way for the race, everything else will be a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear about it, and hoping you'll drop us just a line or two from bonny Scotland.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worked my butt off today. By tomorrow I should be most of the way there on my projects to be up to date. Very happy to have them, but it's a whole new world, and learning new clients is a whole different kind of work, plus the work. But I'll be so lucky if even one of these new clients ends up giving me more work. Not because I didn't please them, but they are small and not the kind of steady work I was so used to. But they sure have blown some wind under my wings. I'll take what I can get, and they've shown me, I can get it!

Great day on plan today. Two brats for lunch. (hello, Jaz). Pick them up at a local convenience store. Love the Johnsonville ones, so chewy and good. I add hot peppers, a bit of onion, and mustard. Totally satisfying and worth a quick then gone bloat up, if it happens. But I won't know specifically, because I don't do the scale these days.

Will get back on it when I feel it will be more friendly to me. Otherwise, can't expect it to tell me something I don't know. And I do know I've gained some pounds. As always, my clothes will tell me when it's time to risk the scale again.

Dinner? Blissfully not hungry at all. Hubby is out of town, so I'll make something when I feel like it. Probably a burger w/all kinds of melty cheese on it.

In any case, my carb count should come in really low today. Like maybe 10 to 15. I'm pullin' myself back into the saddle. Feels good.