#8   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-17, 09:44

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulo
I decreased my time very gradually from the full 5 hours to around 2 most days - gradually as in over 3 years! The last 30 - 50 minutes is devoted to slowly sipping a beverage which is not allowed during my version of fasting, such as bone broth, red wine, coffee with cream.

I have abandoned labels such as "meal" and "snack" as irrelevant to a short time frame. I usually have a hot course of meat or fish or eggs with veg, a salad, and a pudding of berries with Greek yoghurt/cream/coconut yoghurt/coconut ice cream/flaxseed muffin. And often some 100% chocolate and nuts/nut butter. Some days I omit the hot course and have canned fish/boiled eggs/cold meat/cheese with the salad.

I am not a strict low carber, don't count or aim for macros, just avoid grains, sugars, potatoes, processed food, ready meals, commercial desserts, high-sugar fruits etc.

16/8 is a good practice. You can be happy there, or find yourself moving towards 18/6 or 19/5. One reason I went shorter was my lazy desire to have only one session of preparing and cleaning up per day.

Ambulo, YESSSSS I am so happy to find another person that fast, I am now doing 18/6, and on weekends 19/5. I like it and I agree with the lazy part of making meals lol. I also am like you when it comes to not being a strict low carber. I also don't count or aim for macros, just avoid grains, sugars, potatoes, processed food, ready meals, commercial desserts, high-sugar fruits etc. I also do not drink sodas, juices and eat any type of desserts. I do my High fat low carb, plus 18/6 or 19/5. I have only been doing it for about 40 days and love it. I feel I can go longer.

Do you have any type of tips or and advice to give? Thanks