Old Wed, Oct-03-12, 21:47
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 190/184.5/170 Female 5 8"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedelfin
I am severely hypoglycemic, did the six hour fasting test at the doc's. this is a problem because i produce excessive insulin which is known as the hunger hormone. any carbs set it off. weightloss is exceedingly difficult. Read the cad book years ago, and a lightbulb went on. wow. she nailed it. what causes low blood sugar is food,carbs or caffeine. I remember she said she stumbled upon the premise for this.plan on the day when she was too busy to eat all.day..so she didnt get to eat till dinner. she felt great all day and wasnt even that hungry at dinner.i remembered having days like that. i remembered feeling fantastic..hungry at times, but nothing tht could not be handled..i had no time to eat. ti tried the book..with the cm meals..howeever the trick for me is a hardboiled egg whenever i need it..maybe one or two during the day before rm...maybe a glass of unsweetened almond milk. thats it.no coffee..it releases tremendous amounts of insulin. you will be hungry. no tea. no soda,diet or not.note:alot of.the artificial sweeteners have a higher glycemic index.than sugar! Leave out any diet stuff. I only use pure stevia (not truvia, it contains large amounts of another sweetener) this is the first time in fifteen years since my diagnosis i feel normal. great energy,clear head,no more

ravenous appetite,no more crippling fatigue for most of the afternoon. weight flying off. before i had no energy to work out. i do now. i dont need any food before or after. i try to look at the day as a cleansing fast, giving my tired old pancreas a rest from all this constant food i was eating.they always tell u you must five to.six times a.day when youre hypoglycemic. this means your already overstimulated pancreas and liver is. constantly working..still. with cad i give my body a chance to recover and just detox and just "be"...like i.said, my appetite has decreased dramatically which is.because my insulin production is near zero. at my rm i eat what i want,but im honestly not able to eat that much.i finally feel free from my severe food addiction.

I need to reread this often. I have been on plan except for coffee and diet pop..........this is a direct hit for me......and essential to remember