View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-05-18, 06:30
Registered Member

Plan: Non-specific
Stats: 234/145/120 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Thank you for the replies everyone! I'll respond to the posts in order.

~nawchem

I actually read about magnesium and potassium deficiencies, and started using potassium fortified salt on my food, added avocados to my smoothies, and doubled down on the cocoa powder and spinach in my smoothies, but nothing helped. Plus, if it was that, would the pain have faded after eating carbs?

Yeah, I tend to binge like crazy when my blood sugar is low, although I really don't need much to eat too. Chocolate was always my secret weapon there, one piece is sweet enough to bring my blood sugar back up, but I didn't need it anymore after I ditched the grains.

I'll mention the glucose tolerance test to my doctor, thanks for the idea!

~dierdra

Another cat lady with four cats! It's a nice round number isn't it?

It wasn't days, it was months, I stuck with it from September into late December, I kept thinking I just had to figure out what my diet was missing and I'd be fine. I did up the fat content fairly slowly, but I'm one of the rare ones who hasn't had any problems to speak of since my gallbladder came out, probably because I was so sick when it was finally done!

The trail mix had peanuts, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, and chocolate covered coffee beans in it, instead of that I had eggs with cheese until I finally accepted the fact that I really don't like eggs -- then I just loaded up my smoothies with more avocados to keep the calorie count the same.

Then, I replaced the chocolate soy milk with coconut milk and cocoa powder for the base for my smoothies, and that's it. My dinners are just meat and veggies and they stayed the same and since my jaw's messed up I drink smoothies the rest of the time. I used both almond and peanut butter in my smoothies at different points, but I never noticed any difference in how I felt, and all I had to do was add a tablespoon of sugar to my coconut milk smoothies to perk me right up, so I doubt the milk itself is the issue either.

~thud123

The sweet goodies I dropped were chocolate soy milk, craisins, and chocolate covered coffee beans, the most painful cut of all! I'm using Western Family coconut milk, it's a store brand, unsweetened and not cut with any water.

Yes, this really is interesting, the same type of interesting the past year has been for me!! I want my boring life back.