View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 157/128/137 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 145%

Glucophage does not stimulate your pancreas to make more insulin as many other oral hyperglycemic drugs do. Glucophage makes your cells more receptive to the insulin and thus the sugar that is floating around in your bloodstream is able to get in the cells. If it cannot get into cells as it should, it gets stored as fat or if you are actually a diabetic, you may eliminate the sugar thru your urine which is very hard on your kidneys. Because of the way that glucophage works, it will not make your blood sugars drop into dangerous levels. I can take it and wait sometimes 6-7 hours before i eat and my blood sugars are still fine.

Since i started the glucophage, i have been having periods and i have quit my birth control pills. Within two months of startign the glucophage i had a period and have one every 30- 35 days each month. I am diabetic too and the glucophage and the diet are doing fantastic things with my blood sugars.

Im 45 and i was a little worried about continuing the birth control pill at my age so this is very good for me.