#43   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 05:46
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein, formerl Atkins
Stats: 375/237/222 Male 71 inches
BF:BMI 51/33/31
Progress: 90%

CajunBoy,
What is that formula for converting weight to calories? Is that goal weight x 10 plus 360? Is that a universal 360? Whose formula is that?

I read a few months back in some scientific abstract linked to these boards that the average American male eats 16% protein (female 15%), so your target is at normal. I would think you would want it to be higher.

Of course the Standard American Diet (SAD), as reflected in the Nutrition Facts on food labels, is based on 60% of the diet being consumed in carbs. That's 1,200 of the 2,000 calories.

Your 10%-15%-75% percentages break down to 46 carbs, 70 grams of protein and 155 grams of fat per day in the 1,860 calories. Is that what you want your intake to be?

I think it's admirable that you have frontloaded your meals, with the heaviest load at breakfast. I still have a problem with limiting dinner. It is the only meal that varies a lot and the only one that I share with my wife, who prepares it and on whom I am dependent. She works very hard to help me keep the carbs down, but it is hard for her to vary the meals and not get bored, and I frequently eat too much protein (and associated fat, thus calories) at dinner.

Last night I had 6 Swedish meatballs (1/2 lb. uncooked), plus a cup of green beans with butter. It was twice as many meatballs as I needed to stay on target, but 3 meatballs (1/4 lb.) just seemed like too little to her (and me).

My next challenge is to find more main dishes for dinner, to keep the meals interesting and the preparer interested. I may have to prepare a few myself!