#35   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-07, 05:39

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile

OK now.

Daryl - I have been thinking of establishing a baseline on my blood sugars as Cajunboy has suggested/implied a couple of times.

Right now, I don't know what components of my daily habits now contribute to good blood sugar controls. I am not down to 80's or 90's yet. I get occasional 80 and 90's reading. Most are in the 100-110 range. Sometimes, I go off the wagon and have a treat and spike, but it comes back down. This is not good though.

My a1c was 5.6 and I want it lower.

So what I am going to do over the next month is try a few things.

I am going to stop all meds and see where the blood sugars go over the next week or so. If they start to creep up too quickly I will reintroduce Metformin ER. Quite frankly, I don't think Januvia is doing much if anything for me. I chart my blood sugars and I take 4 measures a day. So I can see what happened when. I do know diet is a major factor as we all know.

Today and for the next several days/weeks I am going to stay as close as possible to Dr. B's 6-12-12 formula and maybe an additional 12 for 6-12-12-12. I am going to NOT eat in between. Lets see what happens.

I will discuss with my Doctor as well. He is very supportive and says the same for me. Do what you got to do. Whatever it is you are doing is fine.

Got to get exercise going again. We did get a fair amount on vacation, but I am not getting enough lately. Dog walk time again.

Ralph