#88   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 16:49

Plan: Atkins-modified diabetic
Stats: 259/259/130 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth
Another option for you is to use unsweetened koolaid powder for your flavouring, that way you'd have a lot more flavour choices.

Good luck & please report back on how it works out.

I did this recipe but since I couldn't wait to try it and didn't want to go to the store to get the right things, I did a few things differently:

Along with my 1 box of sugar free Jello (lemon flavor), I used 1 packet unsweetened Cherry Kool-Aid and 4 saccharin tablets (equal to 3-4 packets Sweet N Low)

I didn't have any cottage cheese so I substituted for the same amount of sour cream, and added 1/2 a brick of cream cheese.

I didn't have a whole cup of whipping cream whipped up.
The whole thing's in the fridge now.

Couple of questions:

1) How long does this take to set? Same as Jello ?(4 hours)

2) When I added the whipped cream to the jello mixture it was hard to tell a difference. Is the mixture supposed to get "fluffy" once you've added the whipped cream? Just checking to make sure.

3) Also, is this supposed to be tart and very strong before chilling? Mine was very very tangy and tart. I dissolved the 4th saccharin tab to a tsp of water and added it to the mixture but it only made it sort of bitter.

4) Someone here said they liked it better served slightly thawed from frozen state. Is it more 'wet' and sloppy like custard if refrigerated instead of frozen?

Thanks for your help....looking forward to slicing this up and tasting it!