View Single Post
  #80   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 22:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Revision to the original recipe

I'm on a quest to have more soy in my diet & thought of using tofu instead of cottage cheese. (I'm lactose intolerant & the cottage cheese causes zits )
Based on scraping the bowl, this version is creamier & not as tart as the original.

For convenience so that you don't have to go back to the 1st post in the thread:

The recipe:

2 packages of Sugar Free jello - flavour of your choice
2/3 cup boiling water
8oz cream cheese
1 cup tofu
1 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)

Drain water from tofu in advance: Using paper towels above and below tofu block, press firmly *OR* wrap in paper towels & allow to sit until paper towels are soaked. Change paper towels twice.

Dissolve jello in hot water. Break cream cheese into 4 chunks & allow to soften in jello mix. Meanwhile, whip the cream until firm. Using a blender (wand/stick/traditional), but not a "mixer", blend jello, cream cheese & tofu together until very smooth - this could be a few minutes. Fold in whipping cream until all lumps are gone & pour into pie plate or muffin cups or individual serving dishes. Chill until firm.

About the tofu I used: In Vancouver: Sunrise brand - medium firm tofu had the lowest carb count in the grocery store of the moment. 454 grams or 1lb package. Read the label & buy the lowest carb tofu you can find and adjust the counts accordingly. Half of the package was about 1 cup - that's close enough for me

Total recipe counts from Fitday.com:

Total: 1887 cals
Fat: 179 grams
Carbs: 22 grams
Fiber: 0
Protein: 53 grams

1/8 recipe = cals 236 fat 22g carbs 2.75g protein 6.6g
1/6 recipe = cals 314.5 fat 30g carbs 3.67g protein 8.8g

1 cup of the tofu I used had 117 calories, fat 10 g, carbs 5 g, fiber 1 g, protein 17 g.