View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-05-16, 07:52

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 205/181.8/145 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 39%

Week 1 - Sunday June 5 to Saturday June 11

As I journey through this new behavioral path I intend to pull the successful parts of all previous attempts together and tweak a gradual reduction program on a week by week basis. When I make tweaks my goal is that they will be tweaks intended to move me forward, not set me back because it is getting too hard.

1. Do not have your first cigarette until 8 am or later.
I get up between 5 and 6 each morning. Starting smoking later will reduce the number of cigs in a day. It will help to unlearn linking smoking with morning coffee.

2. When I do choose to smoke, only have 1 cigarette at a time, and put at least 30 minutes between each cigarette. This will help unlearn trying to get as much nic in at a time from rationed breaks when I was working.

3. Limit your cigarettes per day this week to no more than 25 (1 pack).

This morning I did not meet goals 1 and 2. As I sat in my chair chain smoking, I was pondering life and developing my plan to quit and hold myself accountable here in public.

I still hope to meet goal 3 today.

It is now 9:45 am. I have already had 12 cigs. I only have 13 left for the day.

Today I will drink water and chew Thrive gum to get over cravings. Today I will focus hard on understanding the difference between the feeling of a craving, and the impulse of a learned behavior. I do not really know what a craving feels like. I smoke so often out of habit and at timed intervals that I do not believe I give in to cravings. I believe I give in to habits.