View Single Post
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-14, 17:11
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I got rid of my clothes as they got too big- I took them to Goodwill or boxed up a bunch of the nicest stuff and gave them to someone in my office who had gastric bypass and had limited funds to buy new clothes. I told her that anything she didn't want to just give away. The stuff she liked the best- bathing suits (!) and leather jackets!(I loved those jackets too!).
I didn't want a safety net. I kept one pair of size 17 jeans(to see where I had come from) for the first 7 years- then realized I didn't need them as a reminder anymore.
Now I only wear clothes that I love, that really fit, and are in great shape. Before just finding something that sort of fit and didn't look bad was a success.
The first few years after losing the weight I had to FORCE myself to try on new clothes and new styles to see what looked best on my body. It was (and still is ) hard to buy clothes that fit and are not too big. I try to make shopping and wearing clothes fun. It's part of my rewards for maintaining. But even though it's over 10 years since starting this wol it's still a learning process for me.
E