Old Mon, Jan-09-06, 10:35
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Firstly, you are implying that Atkins Induction may stall weight loss and lower metabolism.
I have never seen any evidence of this. Many folk choose to stay on Induction for long periods and have wonderful weight losses. Here, we tend to encourage folk to move on from Induction so that they can begin more easily to prepare for maintenance.
I had to comment on this comment. I disagree with Rosebud. Induction prolonged DOES in fact kill the metabolism. Too many people on this forum have admitted to this. Wayyyyyyyyy too many people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
And my dear, I think that your statement about hunger coming screaming back is just plain wrong.
This is another wrong statement. Low Carbing is not forgiving. If you read the thousands of journals on this forum, you will read of thousands of people that have gone on holiday, eaten the best that they can, considering the country they are in, and have nearly gained it all back. Low Carb-high fat helps you lose weight, but once you leave the program, it all comes back. Your body begins to replenish all the lost water.

It hurts me to see statements like this being made, without going to the sources. We the people are the sources. That is why there are so many other programs on this forum for other ways to lose weight. It's what works best for you. And low carbing-high fat doesn't work for the majority of us that like to cook and eat.

PilotGal