View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Thu, May-21-09, 06:03
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

thanks- she is a 'new friend' and I think not destined to be a real friend. I was sort of taken aback by her reply, but I think she was hurt that I didn't just jump at the invite. I thought it would be worse to not say anything and just decline, or to go and not eat. Going and eating to be 'socially correct' is no longer something I am willing to do to myself. I decided that I am more important than my idea of what the other person wants/feels.
I have been maintaining now for almost 5 years, and there are lots of people who have never seen me fat and know me as thin. So they have no idea that I live LC. It is new for me. This woman is one of those people, but she is struggling with her weight and after another person told her about my success she did ask me and I spent over an hour talking to her and giving her books and stuff (about 6 months ago). so.....
Being LC and being thin and maintaining - this is my 'normal' but it still feels like a balancing act. And I am very aware that I am just managing my underlying metabolic issues (whatever they may be!)- and this is for the long haul.