Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #2195   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-18, 08:12

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

WOW- TRIG- I have a sap happy grin on my face reading your post!
So awesome you have not "totally" unplugged from us in your adventures! Like NIC- I am living through your trip right now!!!!!
Enjoy! Oh- an so cool the hubby brought you "NAKED ribs!!! You know the sauce can kill perfectly good ribs!

NIC- so you are taking the "boy" to summer camp today! 3 weeks will fly by! How far do you drive? Does the camp have a theme to it. That seems to be the rage todays- themed camps. Back in my day- they only had girl scout camp. Boy have things changed!
I am SO sure you will find something to take up your time.
How long are you going to be I Chicago? Have you been there before? Do you have a few restaurants picked out? We want to hear all about that too!

I will be leaving for St. Simon in a week- we will be cross traveling!!!!! HAHAHAHA

BLUE- I am picturing you knee deep in boxes and and your hair up and working like mad right about now! I have no doubt you are going to git er done!
Are you doing the kitchen too? You said the back bedrooms- but the kitchen was in chaos- are you just storing stuff?
Let me say- when you can let go of STUFF- it truly is so freeing. Seriously- there is a lightness about it. TRUST ME ON THIS! memories travel light, stuff gets in the way.

Again- just do what you can on the WOE- just make the best option presented to you. And sing "walk away Renee" if you have to and know I am giving you the "nod" Yes Ma'am!

Are you still working on any projects at the moment? Again do you have a time frame you are shooting for?

LORI- SO COOL you drive the CRV- those are SWEET!!!!! You are a Honda family for sure!
I think that you put so much energy into prepping for Scotland that it might take you minute to get back on track. Sorta like Christmas right? We all prep, and prep, and prep, and then it comes and goes in a flash- boom over and it takes a minute to regroup and start the new yew. Sorta like that. You need to come off that mountain!
You will, you are the active one here! I am wondering on that line of thinking though if a zomba class would fit you? Or a soul cycling class. You seem to like working out with people and with a routine. It's not as grueling as Bootcamp, but still structured enough to get you back into a routine! Just a thought!

Kmom- Thank you for your precious email! Gifts to us- for sure. You now have SD! Give her a hug for us! She has 5 extra ladies who care about her now!
How are YOU????????????????????????????
You know givers need to take care of themselves too!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I totally met to get back on the thread yesterday- but I got pulled a different and wonderful direction.

So I am going to put this out there. Have any of you have a "feeling" to go do something RIGHT now- and you did and something came of it?????????-

So I am sitting there at work yesterday. The boss is outta town and there were only a few of us in the office. Everyone else was working from home. Right now is also REALLY slow as we are transitioning to this new process..... Anyway, to get to the point.

I am finishing my work. And start browsing again cars, CRV's ect.... When a VERY STRONG "feeling" came to me to leave right now and go to a certain dealership - that only sells Certified Honda's. So I got up and said- well ladies, I have an appt. See you Monday. (I was done working anyway).

I tooled myself right over there. I was the only in the place. It was about 4pm when I got there. It was hotter than hot, and a huge storm was building off in the distance. Hot afternoon sun. So I was treated by a pleasant guy.
I already had the pay off and preapproval paperwork in my pocket. I was ready. I did my homework prior to going in.

So I told him I only wanted to see Civic's, CRV's and Accords- with 50, 000 miles or less in my price range. A bonus would be a few years old.
So we looked on his computer- at the stock. I picked from innovatory about 10 vehicles I wanted to see. So he disappeared to get keys.

We get to the civic first. No offense- but I needed more room. It is perfect for a kids car. I wanted something with room and zoom.
Next we looked at a 2017 Accord in Pearl White with Sparkles- and tan interior and ALL the bangs and whistles. I opened the door, and said "there must be a mistake, this is a new car. The NEW smell knocked out! LOVE that smell!

Anyway- No he says, this was an executive rental and returned. It has 5126 - that is five THOUSAND- not fifty. That is a road trip and done. It still had the plastic on the back seats in spots. So it was technically USED.
Well I slid into that seat like I owned it. And you know what- I DO!!!!!!!!!-
I have bumper to bumper to 100,000 miles coverage on just about everything. I even bought the "wheel/tire" protection. Means If I hit a pot hole and my tire goes flat- they replace it. My next 6 oil and tune up are included. Came in right at the top of what I said I would spend. I had to roll a thousand from the junk heap I brought in to trade. They tried to get it even - they did.

They had to use a crow back to get my trunk open to get my stuff out of it. I walked away so happy I could burst!
I KNEW the second I sat in it it was taking it home. It was the second car I looked at. I got out and said- I don't need to see anything else- write it up.
they even gave me a better interest rate than my credit union. I am so happy. I got my Lexus "look"- with a Honda quality!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL- it really is sleek! The new models in 2016 changed the design to a sleeker feel. NICE! Crome, shiny and roomy. It handled well. I pushed the gas and it has some nice get up and go!

So the "feeling to go right then and to that place"- That car had just just hit the lot/ inventory in the morning. It was just to hot for people to come out. I tell you - people car shop on Sat. It would be gone- already this morning. That car was met for me.
Reminds me of this house. It was MET for ME!!!!- Crazy how that worked.

It sorta blew the sales guy away. I came in- sat down- had all my paperwork- knew exactly what I wanted. They have a haggle free policy. Best price is displayed. I already have my money in order and had looked long enough to know I got a STEAL. Even he was impressed! He said- Ma'am- you just can't do better. He is right!
Anyway- I could just keep writing about my new Accord.

You should google the 2017 body style of the accords. Sweet!!!!!
I love the colors too. I had a white car once. I tell ya- this one is pearl with a beautiful sheen to it. It is not a flat white. It has a "sparkle"- to it. I love the look of a crisp white clean car.
I love white cars especially in the south- they are physically cooler than a black car. Black and grays get really HOT. White defects some of the sun.

Ok- enough of the new carriage I have!!!!

One last thing before I am off into my day. Ribs- low and slow in the oven today. I prefer them in the oven over a crock pot. I will finish them on the grill.

So my scale is digital and needed new batteries. Remember I said it was a talking scale? Well it hasn't TALKED for many months. So with FRESH batteries it found it's VOICE!!!!!! THAT DAM thing!!!! Bad enough I have to SEE my weigh- now I am HEARING it blurted out too!!!!!!

Someday I will like it to say- Your weight is 140!!!!!- I will step on and off for hours!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ok- I am going to have a cozy day here. Rain on the forecast. Which is fine. I need to clean, and it really is too hot to be out and about. I want to get stuff squared up before I leave next week for Vacay.

I found a guy who will cut, edge, and blow off grass- for 35.00 a month. He cuts my neighbors yard. He is a retired VET. He does it for extra money. Just him. He is super sweet and I feel really good about him. My neighbors yard always looks great.
Yea I said 35 a month- that is crazy cheap. We agreed to every 10 days- that is 3 cuts a months. That works to be like 12.00- I feel like I am stealing!!!!!

But you know he takes cash- and it's all good. He cuts just about everyone yard he in the plat. So he is doing ok for himself- just cash. I am good with it.

great day ladies