View Single Post
  #388   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 22:21

Plan: CAD
Stats: 233/176/155
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hi Mommy2nick,

The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet (CAD) was written first and is the older version of the diet. It doesn't stress eating a salad before each meal, like The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program (CALP) does. In MHO, CAD is easier to follow than CALP. Plus, I really enjoyed reading CAD. It has a lot of interesting stories in it about other people's successes losing weight using this program. It's been a couple of years since I've read the book -someone borrowed my copy and never gave it back So I just ordered another copy from half.com. I paid only $.75 plus shipping for it, so it cost me less than $4.00 for one of the best diet books that's ever been written.

You would be allowed bread once a day , during your Reward Meal (RM), if you follow either CAD or CALP. I know exactly what you mean when you say how awful low carb bread is. I'm made 3 different kinds and they all reminded me of wheat bread, which I've never been very fond of anyway.

You should give CAD a try. It works great! I lost 70 lbs using it. After losing all that weight, I was at a plateau and became discouraged. So I went on Atkins with my husband for about a month and a half. While he lost 17 lbs., I gained 15 lbs, so I decided that I'd better go on induction for a few weeks. But after being on induction for 5 days and losing nothing, I decided to quit and go back to CAD. Even though I had lost 40 lbs. on Atkins 25 years ago, it just doesn't work for me anymore (I guess it's because I'm a true carbohydrate addict). Plus I hate counting carbs. That is something that you don't have to do on CAD/CALP. It's truly a diet that I can live with for the rest of my life

So get ready to spread the butter on that piece of bread, and enjoy losing weight the CAD way!

Karen