View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-18, 14:52
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Well, my recipes are designed for just two of us, Ken. I've found, over the years, that I think many foods lose something in the freezing/thawing process. And my husband doesn't want to eat the same thing twice in the same week and just NEVER do that two days in a row, God forbid. LOL So the 4 & 6-serving max size on most of my casserole recipes is because of these two problems. But you can always double a recipe for a larger group of people.

Seems like I tried roasting zucchini slices for lasagna one time and it literally fell apart as I dipped it up off the baking pan to construct the lasagna. If you try that, I'd slice it thicker for sure. But the zucchini still bled water into the final baked lasagna and I REALLY don't like that. I just don't zucchini in my Italian dishes much anymore as it has "souped up" one dinner too many. We both adore eggplant and it doesn't have the water-bleeding issues so tht is my "noodle layer" of preference. My glucomannan dumpling dough also works nicely and is the closest to real lasagna IMHO.

I suppose you could bread and oven-bake the zucchini as in my recipe for that, but I suspect it might still bleed out some water when put together in a lasagna. You'd just have to trial that to find out for sure. As I get older, I'm finding I'm tiring of pizza and lasagna (thought that would never happen) and lately, I'm even tiring of BACON and CHEESE, if you can believe that. Not sure if my taste is changing or I'm just burned out on them, since there are sooooooo many recipes for them on low-carb blogs. I go to Pinterest and find myself just bored to tears with all the recipes for pizza, lasagna, bacon-coated everything and gobs and gobs of cheese all over everything. Mind you, these have always been beloved foods for me. But overkill can set in when you've been low-carbing for,,,,,, let me see now........9 years. Maybe I'll have a taste epiphany soon and once again love the "low-carb trinity" of holy foods: cheese, pizza and bacon. I'm still waiting for that to happen. LOL